Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WTSW: Lions, Cheetahs, and Eyeballs...Oh My!!

What They Said Wednesday:  Volume 2

My almost 3-year-old daughter...
"Parker, we have talked about this before!" 
...to her brother, as he was trying to scare her by being a cheetah (one of his new favorite activities).  It always make me laugh/cringe when I hear my own words coming out of my children's mouths.

"Everyone not be sick.  And everyone follow the right directions.  And everyone get their eyeballs back together.  In Jesus name we pray.  Amen"
...her bedtime prayer.  I have no idea where the eyeball thing came from.  But I suppose everyone having their eyeballs back together if they were for some reason apart would be a good thing.

"Mom, let's talk about my day."
...as she's supposed to be taking her nap

"I'm not adorable.  I'm a lion!"
...her adamant response after I told her she was adorable, followed by much roaring and clawing of the air

"Wherever you are, come out pee!"
...self pep talk while sitting on the potty

My almost 5-year-old son...
"Dad, you can just call me Park.  That's OK."
...apparently my son is taking on a new almost-kindergartener identity

"My love is as big as this whole planet!"
...trying to explain to me how much he loves me

"What if we just toot on them?  Then when they breathe, they'll have to breathe stinky air."
...said completely straight-faced, as his idea for how to get rid of the ants in our driveway

Parker: "Mom, do you know the shortcut to the big kid park?"
Me:  "Yup.  I'm your Mom.  I know everything."
Parker:  "Do you know how God was born?"
...Well played, son, well played.  This is what I get for being a smart alec with an almost 5 year old.  He literally did not skip a beat with his response.  My husband literally rolled on the ground laughing.

No matter what they say, You Are a Good Mom.

*******************************************************************************************************
If you haven't already, be sure to stop by and check out the "You're a Good Mom" page on Facebook.  "Like" it and any new blog posts will be delivered right to your news feed!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs