Tuesday, August 20, 2013

TSW?T: You Need ID to Enter this Spelling Bee

They Said What? Tuesday:  Volume 17

My 3-year-old daughter...

"Mom, you can just start sleeping for me, OK?"
...her request from me as she was having a hard time falling asleep the other night.  

My 5-year-old son...

P:  "When I grow up, I want to go to the b-a-r.  That spells 'bar.' "
Me:  "Um, what does that mean?"  (while trying to not react at all)
P:  "You know...like a chocolate bar!"
Me:  "Huh.  Where did you hear that?"
P:  "On the show."
Me:  "What show?"
P:  "All the shows!"  (laughing...like he is totally making this up as he goes)
...where to even begin with this one?  The teacher in me loves that he is playing with letters and sounds and starting to figure stuff like this out.  The mom in me is terrified he is going to say stuff JUST LIKE THIS when he is at school in 2 short weeks.  Yikes!!
.
No matter what they say, You Are a Good Mom.

*******************************************************************************************************

If you haven't already, be sure to stop by and check out the "You're a Good Mom" page on Facebook.  "Like" it and any new blog posts will be delivered right to your news feed!  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my! That was both clever and hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha!! Oh, yes, this boy keeps us on our toes, that is for sure.

      Delete
  2. Like the youngster reading the olive oil and wanting to know what a virgin is !~! And then, what's extra virgin mean ?~! I almost peed pants at that one.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs