Tuesday, August 6, 2013

TSW?T: Low Zones and Ostriches

They Said What? Tuesday:  Volume 14

My 3-year-old daughter...

"I'm three.  I'm not old.  I'm not any other numbers."
...doing a little deep thinking about her age  

"No worries.  I can handle it."

...a total combination of her dad and her brother.  Her dad always says the former, her brother always says the latter.

"I want to hang out with you."
...her pleading with me to stay up after bedtime and hang out with me in the kitchen.  I wish I had recorded this so I could play it over and over and over for her at age 16.


My 5-year-old son...

"Happy University!"
...as he was handing me the vase of roses from my husband for our anniversary.  I blame this one fully on Monsters University.

"How do you do the fork?"
...what he asked me after we were snuggling and talking about 'spooning.'  With the way this kid's mind works, we are in T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

Dad:  "You still don't have your pajama pants on."
P:  "I know.  I got distracted.  I'm in a low zone."
...also known as being 'in the ozone.'  I have to admit, I almost kinda like the 'low zone' thing better, though.

"I want to be an ostrich for Halloween this year!  I'll wear my orange shoes and run really fast everywhere!"
...now don't get the wrong idea.  There is NO WAY we are already thinking about Halloween costumes in this house.  The Jell-O Halloween mold tumbled out of the cupboard, which led to the costume comment.  Now that that's out of the way, I can also let you know that he is pretty sure his orange tennis shoes make him run extra fast.  And he knows ostriches are fast.  And he has an ostrich Beanie Baby from a 3:00am trip to the ER when he was 2 years old.  I can also let you know I think the orange shoes are the extent of the plan for "Costume Ostrich 2013."

No matter what they say, You Are a Good Mom.

*******************************************************************************************************

If you haven't already, be sure to stop by and check out the "You're a Good Mom" page on Facebook.  "Like" it and any new blog posts will be delivered right to your news feed!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs