Sunday, July 21, 2013

How I Love Vacation


Ahhhh....

So this is what I've been looking at the past 10 days.  Needless to say, it beat out my computer. 

Every.  Single.  Day.  

Ok, I shouldn't say that.  My poor computer never even had a shot, as I left it back home.  Because I knew it would be up against that all week.  And ice cream.  And camp fires.  And reading real live books.  

And most of all, my family.  

Many family traditions were carried on, including camp fires on the beach at night, listening to my husband, his brother and his dad have "jam sessions" at the campground, and trips into town for ice cream.  Lots and lots and lots of ice cream.  

New ones were made, like my own children zipping around the campground on their bikes and playing on the beach with their headlamps well past sunset. 

Today was a day of settling back into reality, as we packed up the campsite, drove back home, and spent most of the afternoon unpacking, doing laundry, and then doing more laundry. 

(Remember when you were a kid and you just went on vacation?  And then you just came home from vacation?  I had no idea the lengths that were went to leading up to and coming home from such adventures...)

So all that to say it was an amazing week and a half spent with amazing people, including my brother-in-laws who now live out of state, watching amazing memories be made.  It's been awhile since I've had any new posts here, but I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of things now that we're back home.  

Although if I miss a post here or there, you can just assume I'm still buried under a pile of camping laundry somewhere...

When you take a break from your normal routine, You Are a Good Mom.  

*******************************************************************************************************

If you haven't already, be sure to stop by and check out the "You're a Good Mom" page on Facebook.  "Like" it and any new blog posts will be delivered right to your news feed!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs