Tuesday, July 23, 2013

TSW?T: Apparently It's Alligator Week Around Here

They Said What? Tuesday:  Volume 12

My 3-year-old daughter...

"Mom, can I have some of your alligator juice?"
...she asked me this as we were sitting out on the dock at a cottage, as I was drinking what, you ask?  Yup, you guessed it...Gatorade.

M:  "I love you, my brother."
P:   "Wait...was she thinking about that in the bathroom?"
...her first words upon returning to the lunch table from the bathroom.  And her brother's response.  Priceless.  And yes, she does call him "my brother" from time to time.  Don't know where she picked that up, but it always makes me smile.

My 5-year-old son...

"Mom, does getting stung by a bee feel just like getting your head chomped off by an alligator?!"
...well, son, having never had my head chomped off by an alligator I am unable to accurately answer that question.  However, in my opinion, I think the alligator thing would be worse than the bee thing.  I will also say they are called "stings" for a reason.  Ouch.

P:  "Can we see God?"
Me:  "No, we can't see him like we would see another person.  But he is always with us and we can talk to him whenever we want."
P:  "Oh.  He must blend in really, really good!"
...these questions just keep getting tougher and tougher!  I need an answer key, please.

"Which game do you want, sweetie?"
...what I overheard him saying to his sister as he was helping her play a game on the computer.  Every now and then, he'll call her 'honey' or 'sweetie,' no doubt because I do.  I always wish I could freeze time for just that moment when I'm lucky enough to hear it.  

No matter what they say, You Are a Good Mom.

*******************************************************************************************************

If you haven't already, be sure to stop by and check out the "You're a Good Mom" page on Facebook.  "Like" it and any new blog posts will be delivered right to your news feed!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs