Tuesday, July 30, 2013

TWS?T: My "Cheesy" Kids

They Said What? Tuesday:  Volume 13

My 3-year-old daughter...

"This is where all the pets need to sleep."

...she also laid out about 30 of the paper plates we had leftover from camping all over the living room for various stuffed animals.  

"Mom, can we get some more plain cheese, please?"

...her request at the grocery store for Kraft singles.  Of all the hundreds of cheeses in the world, that would most likely be the last one I would call "plain cheese."  Right there on the label it says:  "pasteurized prepared cheese product."  Cheese product.  But she loves it and will actually eat it, so in the cart it went.

My 5-year-old son...

"Do we have to mess this room back up now?"
...no, you actually don't.  But that question explains so much.  He asked me this as soon as I finished vacuuming his bedroom.  I had asked him to pick up his books and stuffed animals off the floor, so he was pretty sure that it was now his job to 'mess it back up.'  

"This keeps getting stuck in my tooth." [Pause]  "Oh wait...that's just another piece of tooth!"
...while eating his yogurt, strawberries and granola.  

"I hope you have a great meeting.  I hope you listen really well!"
...his advice to his dad on his way out the door to a meeting

"I just cut the cheese."
...while he was literally cutting his cheese at lunch.  And I laughed.  And yes, I have the mind of a 13-year-old.  So very mature over here.

No matter what they say, You Are a Good Mom.

*******************************************************************************************************

If you haven't already, be sure to stop by and check out the "You're a Good Mom" page on Facebook.  "Like" it and any new blog posts will be delivered right to your news feed!  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. "I hope you listen really well!" I love that. To me it shows he's been parented very well and knows how important it is to listen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet! Thanks for your kind words, Meredith. If only he could apply that whole "listening" thing to himself...hmmm...then we'd be on to something! :)

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs